Looking for an awesome summer job?
Lakeshore Adventures offers a fun place to work in the summer, if you’re willing to work hard!
Every season we hire a number of seasonal staff for the following positions:
- Office Coordinator -work in our Baileys Harbor main office.
Manage incoming and outgoing rentals. Taking reservations for Charter Fishing, Zip Lining, Kayak Tours and Rentals. Providing excellent customer service with knowledge of outdoor products while keeping up with daily tasks to keep the store running smoothly.
- Kayak Tour Guide-Lead daily kayak tours on the waters of Green Bay and Lake Michigan. Drive company vehicles and trailers to and from tour sites. Monitor weather conditions and have good decision making skills. Maintain kayak tour fleet and equipment. This is a very physical job. Must be able to lift 50lbs-60lbs overhead and have adequate strength and endurance to paddle through wind and waves. Must also have a positive fun loving personality.
- Zip Line Tour Guide– Lead daily zip line tours on our new zip line canopy adventure course. Interact with the customers and give knowledge of the area. Daily up keep and cleaning of equipment. On busy days this is a very physical job and you must be able to climb approximately 50 flights of stairs. Must also have a positive fun loving personality and be able to work well with others.
- Charter Fishing 1st Mate– If getting up early and long days on the water catching King Salmon and Trout is your passion then we might have a place for you on one of our 30’ charter boats. Experience is definitely a plus.
- Social and Digital Media / Guide Position – We are looking for a fun, energetic and extremely personable outdoor enthusiast with a social and digital marketing background. The position demands an exceptionally motivated individual to take charge and help develop our social and digital marketing efforts as well as work as either a kayak guide or zip line guide. This opportunity would be a part time digital media coordinator and a part time guide position totaling full time employment from June through August.
- Executing Lakeshore Adventures social and digital marketing strategies including generate, edit, publish and share content on multiple media channels and taking directions from our marketing partner Element Creative.
- Safely lead small groups of people on either highflying zip line tours and or two hour Lake Michigan kayak tours.
- Give instruction and safety orientations, answer questions, provide narration and help customers with any needs they might have.
- A currently enrolled student or recent graduate majoring in marketing, mass communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
- Passionate about social media marketing and digital media.
- Experience creating social media content on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Twitter.
- Smart phone photography/ video skills.
- A person who loves the outdoors and enjoys working with groups of people while providing memorable experiences.
- Good physical condition.
- Drivers license
- Please include a cover letter stating your interest in the position along with relative experience.
If you’re looking for a summer internship in an outdoor or recreation field, let us know what you’re thinking, and we may be able to help you out!
Hours, responsibilities, and salary commensurate with experience. If you’re looking for a guide job with us, you must have a current driver’s license and clean driving history. One of the biggest hurdles newcomers to Door County face is finding housing. We can be very helpful in finding you housing.
It is very important that you have confirmed housing. If you don’t have a place to live lined up early, it can be very difficult to find one when the season rolls around!
If you’re ready for a fun filled summer,
fill out the job application below!